Last week, the NTR Lab team attended the highly anticipated AI Expo Europe. The expo was held in Amsterdam. The NTR Lab team attended the expo for the primary reason of showing off the company’s Autonomous UAV, commonly known as self-driving drones.
The event, AI Expo Europe, was a big success not only for the guests but also for the organizers. The event was big and the participants were nothing short of impressive. The diversity and levels of discussion were outstanding at the very least. The organizers had indeed succeeded in creating an excellent atmosphere.
The venue location was open and large, which then mitigated the common problem of overcrowding. The primary purpose of the expo was commercial, and yet the industrial application of AI was not left behind.
NTR Lab had their own booth, complete with a video presentation of their drone technology. The CEO and technical staff were present during the course of the expo to help educate the interested parties. There seems to be a noticeable influx of drone interest coming from South America. It’s even safe to say that Chile, Peru, and Bolivia are having an AI boom.
Autonomous drones are being explored by such countries to help in the monitoring of crop growth. South American nations have typically hilly and mountainous geographical features, which can be a cause of problems for GPS monitoring.
Other notable companies that participated at the expo include:
- 3DUniversum – A company that is currently exploring AI application in 3D printing, scanning, and sharing. The company allows free scanning, editing and uploading of models. The company also offers a professional and customized solution for a fee.
- 904Labs A.I. – An AI company that is based in Amsterdam. The company is exploring AI application in search engines and e-commerce platforms.
- ADANI – A company that has been around for more than 25 years. ADANI specializes in X-ray equipment for the medical field and security industries. Recently, the company is integrating technology to further improve the capabilities of their X-ray machines.
- Aiir Innovations – An Amsterdam-based company that makes use of AI in the field of aviation maintenance. The company is extensively using Machine Learning and Computer Vision to help tackle problematic maintenance problems and also speed up maintenance processing time.
- AmberScript – A company that offers a fast and inexpensive solution of converting audio speech files to text. The company primarily makes use of AI for automated speech recognition and transcription.
- Blockhearts – A decentralized platform that combines two emerging technologies, blockchain and AI; and explores the revolutionary possibilities when both technologies are combined.
- Botsquad – Is a company that provides business a conversational app that acts as an initial line of defense when it comes to customer service. The company makes use of AI to power the conversational app.
- BPU Holdings – A company behind ZimGo; a proposed next-generation search engine that integrates machine learning and AI to provide better search engine results.
Conferences and expos are excellent venues for similar minds to meet and explore new ideas. While most conferences and expos may be commercial in nature, the new ideas and solutions that are derived from such gatherings cannot be ignored.